First of all this Business Analyst job description has been created based on numerous research and a comparison of a large number of Business Analyst job adverts that have been advertised on the internet in 2017.
If you would like to add any additional information onto this Business Analyst job description please let us know by using the contact us form.
What Does a Business Analyst Do?
An Business Analyst has one primary objective which is to help the business to implement technology solutions in a cost effective way, by determining a clear set of requirements for a project or program.
The business analyst does this by holding multiple requirements gathering workshops with stakeholders, facilitators and partners.
Business Analyst Responsibilities
Almost all Business Analyst responsibilities are varied based on the type of business or project they are working on. Therefore we have only listed the most popular responsibilities below:
- Agreeing project objectives.
- Organizing and managing the project team.
- Representing the stakeholders needs.
- Managing the risk’s within a project.
- Keep track of people and their progress within a project.
- Monitoring progress and meeting standards for costs, timescales and quality.
- Ensure all of the aims of a project are met.
- Evaluating and signing off completed tasks.
Business Analyst Tasks
Below are the general tasks that a Business Analyst will be completing on a day to day basis.
- Creating and maintaining project documentation.
- Assisting with creating the business case.
- Organize and lead business analysis workshops.
- Lead and coach the project team.
- Translating and simplifying requirements.
- Planning and monitoring.
- Advanced IT skills and knowledge.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to understand complex requirements.
- Excellent organisational and leadership.
- Strong analytical skills.
Qualifications and Training
The BA foundation certificate is trained by BCS and is one of the most widely recognised qualification’s that a business analyst can have. Not only do BCS provide basic business analysis courses they also provided more targeted courses such as Agile Business Analysis. You can check out the BCS training by clicking here.
Furthermore If you do not have any of the above we would recommend signing up to Pluralsight where there are hundreds of incredible business analysis courses to be watched. You can sign up by clicking here.
The median expected salary for a business analyst is £42,000 in the UK and $76,000 if you live in the US. Below is the business analyst expected salary broken down by the amount of years experience you have in the position.
|0 to 2 Years.||2 to 5 Years.||Over 5 Years.|
|US Salary||$62,000 – $70,000.||$70,000 – $78,000.||$78,000 – $90,000.|
|EU Salary||€26,000 – €35,000.||€35,000 – €45,000.||€45,000 – €73,000.|
|UK Salary||£24,000 – £30,000.||£30,000 – £40,000.||£40,000 – £60,000.|
While the Business Analyst position is a great role to be in, it also produces great opportunities to progress into higher a management position. Listed below are some of the roles that you can work your way up to.
- Program Manager.
- Product Manager.
- Project Manager
- Product Owner.
- Business Development Manager.
Business Analyst Job Description Template
In conclusion of this post we have posted our job description template for you to download and use for your companies business analyst job description.