First of all this Cleaner job description has been created based on lots of research and a comparison of a large number of cleaning job adverts that have been advertised online in 2016.
If you would like to add any additional information onto this cleaner job description please let us know by using the contact us form.
Cleaner is a very important role within a business environment as we all know working over 8 hours a day in an unclean place is not a great situation to be in.
Cleaners prevent this by cleaning (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, wiping) and stocking designated areas such as restrooms and kitchens.
Almost all of the main cleaner responsibilities are listed below.
- Performing and documenting routine inspections.
- Keep track of the latest health & safety regulations and follow them at all times.
- Spotting deficiencies, needs for repairs, general issues and reporting them to management.
- Keep stock of cleaning supplies and maintain supply rooms.
- Cooperate with all types of staff.
- Maintain knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies.
Cleaner General Tasks
Below are the general tasks that a lead cleaner will be completing on a day to day basis.
- Dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, wiping and mopping.
- Replacing kitchen and rest room equipment.
- Performing checks of the designated cleaning areas.
- Use heavy cleaning equipment and machinery.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies.
- Able to handle heavy machinery.
- Basic English.
- Health and Safety knowledge.
Qualifications and Training
Generally most cleaning jobs do not require specific training however BICSc is a recognised training qualification that many cleaners around the world have. To find out more information about BICSc please visit http://bics.org.uk.
The average expected salary for a cleaner in the USA is $22,000, €15,000 in the EU or £12,000 if you are in the UK. Below are the average salaries based on experience
|0 to 2 Years.||2 to 5 Years.||Over 5 Years.|
|US Salary||$16,000 – $22,000.||$22,000 – $24,000.||$24,000 – $28,000.|
|EU Salary||€10,000 – €13,000.||€13,000 – €15,000.||€15,000 – €20,000.|
|UK Salary||£6,000 – £10,000.||£10,000 – £13,000.||£13,000 – £18,000.|
While the cleaner position does not have any direct career paths, it does teach you many valuable skills that could help you progress into a different career such as the below.
- Safety Officer.
- Facilities Manager.
- Cleaning Manager.
Cleaner Job Description Template
In conclusion of this post we have put together a job description template using Microsoft Word for you to download and create your perfect cleaner job description with.