This Delivery Coordinator job description has been created based on a lot of research and a comparison of delivery coordinator job advertisements that have been placed on the internet in 2017.
If you would like to add any additional information onto this delivery coordinator job description please let us know by using the contact us form.
What Does a Delivery Coordinator Do?
As a delivery coordinator it is your primary objective to ensure all deliveries into the business are a success.
You will do this by booking in all deliveries to a specific time slot and coordinating them when they arrive into the business.
Delivery Coordinator Responsibilities
Listed below are the main responsibilities a deliveries coordinator will need to deal with on a day to day basis:
- Planning in the day to day deliveries into an effective schedule.
- Coordinating offloading of incoming stock.
- Making sure all incoming deliveries are a smooth process.
- Planning in the resource that is required.
- Providing regular reports on the status of deliveries.
Delivery Coordinator Tasks
Below are the general tasks that you will be completing on a day to day basis.
- On boarding and offloading stock.
- Responding to delivery related queries and concerns.
- Maintaining and monitoring the delivery schedules.
- Track the status of incoming deliveries and report on potential issues.
- Ensuring that products are properly packed and there is no damages or discrepancies.
- Reviewing paperwork of all shipments.
- Basic IT skills and knowledge of delivery systems.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Basic written and verbal communication.
- Excellent organisation and the ability to lead colleagues.
Qualifications and Training
There are currently no requirements for any qualifications or training to become a delivery coordinator, but we would recommend that you complete some health and safety training.
We would recommend the following training http://www.highspeedtraining.co.uk/health-and-safety/online-level-1-health-and-safety-training.aspx.
Delivery Coordinator Salary
The median expected salary for this job role is $32,000 in the US, €19,000 in Europe and £16,500 if you live in the UK. Below is the delivery coordinator salary broken down by the amount of experience you have in the position.
|0 to 2 Years.||2 to 5 Years.||Over 5 Years.|
|US Salary||$22,000 – $27,000.||$27,000 – $36,000.||$36,000 – $42,000.|
|EU Salary||€15,000 – €18,000.||€18,000 – €21,000.||€21,000 – €23,000.|
|UK Salary||£13,000 – £15,000.||£15,000 – £18,000.||£18,000 – £20,000.|
While the Delivery coordinator position is a high role within the operations team in a business there is plenty of other career paths you can down, these have been listed below for your convenience.
- Warehouse Manager.
- Delivery Manager.
- Stock Manager.
- Logistics Manager.
Delivery Coordinator Job Description Template
In conclusion of this post we have posted a link to our job description template for you to download and use to create your companies delivery coordinator job description.
The following resources were used to create this delivery coordinator job description.