First of all this IT Project Manager job description has been created based on numerous research and a comparison of a large number of IT Project Manager job adverts that have been advertised online in 2016.
IT Project Managers oversee technology projects within a business environment to ensure the project is run to plan and completed successfully.
Generally the Project Manager does this by managing resources, budget and the project plan.
Project Manager Responsibilities
Almost all IT Project Manager responsibilities are different based on the type of business or project they are working on. Therefore we have only listed the key responsibilities below:
- Agreeing project objectives.
- Organizing and managing the project team.
- Representing the stakeholders needs.
- Managing the risk’s within a project.
- Keep track of people and their progress within a project.
- Monitoring progress and meeting standards for costs, timescales and quality.
- Ensure all of the aims of a project are met.
- Evaluating and signing off completed tasks.
Project Manager General Tasks
Below are the general tasks that a project manager will be completing on a day to day basis.
- Analyzing requirements and creating development tasks.
- Creating and maintaining project documentation.
- Producing reports for senior management and stakeholders.
- Organize and lead project meetings.
- Lead and coach the project team.
- Advanced IT Skills and Knowledge.
- Incredible Communication skills.
- Ability to understand complex requirements.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills.
Qualifications and Training
Prince 2 is worldwide recognizable project management qualification. If you would like more information about Prince2 you can visit www.prince2.com/uk/what-is-prince2.
Another great qualification is PMP which is also one of the most recognized project management qualifications in the world, for more information about PMP you can visit www.pmi.org/certifications/types/project-management-pmp.
Furthermore If you do not have any of the above we would recommend signing up to Pluralsight where there are hundreds of incredible project management courses to be watched. You can sign up by clicking here.
The average expected salary for this job role is $,000 in the US, €19,000 in Europe and £16,500 if you live in the UK. Below is the delivery coordinator salary broken down by the amount of experience you have in the position.
|0 to 2 Years.||2 to 5 Years.||Over 5 Years.|
|US Salary||$60,000 – $77,000.||$77,000 – $88,000.||$88,000 – $110,000.|
|EU Salary||€23,000 – €32,000.||€32,000 – €46,000.||€46,000 – €76,000.|
|UK Salary||£20,000 – £28,000.||£28,000 – £40,000.||£40,000 – £65,000.|
While the IT Project Manager position is a great role to be in, it also brings great opportunities to progress into higher management position. Listed below are some of the roles that you can work your way up to.
- IT Director.
- IT Manager.
- Product Manager.
- Program Manager.
- Product Owner.
IT Project Manager Job Description Template
In conclusion of this post we have put together a IT Project Manager job description template using Microsoft Word for you to download.