To start off, this Office Clerk job description has been created based on various research and a comparison of multiple office clerk job adverts that have been advertised online in 2017.
If you would like to add any information onto this office clerk job description please let us know by messaging us via the contact us form.
An Office Clerk is a very important role within the business environment, you keep things organised and running behind the scenes.
Your role is very varied and it ranges from the basic tasks such as opening the post to more important responsible tasks such as recording and updating key databases.
Almost all of the most popular clerical responsibilities are listed below.
- Organizing and maintaining company records.
- Keeping meeting rooms tidy and maintaining the booking schedule.
- Enforcing and maintaining company office procedures.
- Maintaining event calendars.
- Recording and updating company databases.
Office Clerk Duties
Below are the general duties that a clerk will be completing on a day to day basis around the office.
- Greeting visitors and answering incoming phone calls.
- Scheduling travel arrangements and meetings.
- Opening of postal items and sending post.
- Photocopying and scanning documents.
- Supporting the reception desk.
- Great communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Proficient IT skills.
- Strong grammar and spelling.
- Good reading and writing skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
Qualifications and Training
Generally most office clerk jobs do not require specific training however there are clerical training courses that are available to do if you want to do them.
We would recommend checking http://www.e-learning-courses.co.uk/search/office-management/c341 to see whats available.
Or if you would like some free training check out https://alison.com/learn/office-skills.
Office Clerk Salary
The expected average salary for a office is $28,500 within the United States, €18,500 and £16,000 in the UK. Below is a table containing the average salary based on your years of experience within the job role.
|0 to 2 Years.||2 to 5 Years.||Over 5 Years.|
|US Salary||$25,000 – $28,000.||$28,000 – $30,000.||$30,000 – $32,000.|
|EU Salary||€15,000 – €17,000.||€17,000 – €19,000.||€19,000 – €22,000.|
|UK Salary||£13,000 – £15,000.||£15,000 – £17,000.||£17,000 – £19,000.|
While the secretary position is a great job on itself, it does open up the following career paths for you to move into.
- Office Manager.
- Project Coordinator.
- Personal Assistant.
Office Clerk Job Description Template
In conclusion of this post we have put together a clerical job description template using Microsoft Word for you to download and create your perfect office clerk job description.